Volunteer with Black Swamp Conservancy
Black Swamp Conservancy believes strongly in the power of volunteers. After all, we were started by a group of very impassioned volunteers!
Today, as an organization that maintains minimal staff for maximum efficiency, volunteers are essential to fulfilling our work protecting northwest Ohio’s natural and agricultural resources. We hope you will consider becoming a Black Swamp Conservancy volunteer today!
Here are a few of the ways you can help as a volunteer. Contact us at 419-833-1025 or email@example.com and we can talk about building your volunteer experience.
- Become a Volunteer Monitor
- Help represent the Conservancy at local events (farmers markets, festivals, etc.)
- Become a Preserve Steward
- Take part in one-time property Stewardship and Restoration projects (fighting invasives and planting beneficials)
- Help with indoor Office Work (folding newsletters, addressing envelopes, etc.)
- Participate on an Event Planning team
- Share your Amateur or Professional Naturalist Skills (nature walks, property assessments, etc.)
- Lead Educational programs (walks, visits, etc.) for local schools and groups
Volunteer help is needed all year long. You can participate as little or as much as you like – there are no expectations placed on the number of hours you volunteer. But there are some volunteer programs (serving as a monitor or preserve steward) that require training and specified hours and assignments. We are sure once you join us you will be hooked!
**Are you a Master Gardener or an Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist? Time spent helping the Conservancy can count toward your yearly volunteer hours.**
To begin your volunteer experience today, click here to complete Black Swamp Conservancy’s Volunteer Form.
Are you a Boy Scout looking for an Eagle project?