Black Swamp Conservancy is seeking to hire a Conservation Associate to join a staff of six in protecting the region’s natural communities and family farms.
The Conservancy currently protects more than 175 properties covering more than 21,500 acres and representing some of our region’s finest family farms, wetlands, woodlands and other open spaces. We have many active projects in progress, including large-scale stream and wetland restoration projects.
Reporting to the Executive Director and in collaboration with the entire Conservancy team and its community partners, the Conservation Associate (Associate) joins Black Swamp Conservancy’s land protection and stewardship team. The Associate’s duties and responsibilities will extend to all aspects of accomplishing the Conservancy’s mission, including:
- Overseeing the Conservancy’s conservation easement monitoring program
- Working with easement landowners to improve their management practices
- Grant writing to support land acquisitions
- Creating Baseline Documentation Reports
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, natural resource management, biology or a closely related field
- At least two years non-profit experience, preferably with a land trust or similar conservation organization
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- A dedicated team player with a sense of humor and a commitment to protecting the natural environment who also works well independently
- Available to work before and after normal business hours and on the weekends, as necessary
- Experience with conservation easement monitoring
- Proficiency in ArcGIS, GPS and field mapping techniques
- Experience creating baseline documentation reports
- Experience securing and managing grant funding
- Knowledge of Great Lakes ecosystems
- Knowledge of Agricultural Best Management Practices
- Experience initiating and managing real estate transactions
More than anything, Black Swamp Conservancy is looking for …
A highly motivated, creative, organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a passion to serve our land conservation mission. The Associate must have strong diplomatic skills and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Black Swamp Conservancy’s office is located on a protected property south of Perrysburg, Ohio, surrounded by woodlands and prairie. The Conservancy offers a competitive compensation package including health insurance and retirement match. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please respond by submitting a resume, cover letter with salary requirements and writing sample in Word or PDF format by February 3rd to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.