Conservancy is Seeking a Conservation Associate
Job Title: Conservation Associate
Black Swamp Conservancy is an accredited land trust serving northwest Ohio and the Western Lake Erie Basin. The Conservancy is seeking to hire a Conservation Associate to join a staff of six in protecting the region’s natural communities and family farms.
Black Swamp Conservancy currently protects more than 140 properties covering more than 17,300 acres and representing some of our region’s finest family farms, wetlands, woodlands and other open spaces. We have many active projects in process including large-scale stream and wetland restoration projects. For more information, please visit www.blackswamp.org.
Reporting to the Conservation Manager and in collaboration with the entire Conservancy team and its community partners, the Conservation Associate (Associate) joins Black Swamp Conservancy’s land protection and stewardship team. The Associate’s duties and responsibilities will extend to all aspects of accomplishing the Conservancy’s mission, including: overseeing the Conservancy’s conservation easement monitoring program, initiating and managing land protection projects, grant writing to support land acquisitions and creating Baseline Documentation Reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, natural resource management, biology or a closely related field.
• At least two years non-profit experience, preferably with a land trust or similar conservation organization.
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
• A dedicated team player with a sense of humor and a commitment to protecting the natural environment who also works well independently.
• Available to work before and after normal business hours and on the weekends, as necessary.
• Experience initiating and managing real estate transactions.
• Proficiency in ArcGIS, GPS and field mapping techniques.
• Experience creating baseline documentation reports.
• Experience with conservation easement monitoring.
• Experience securing and managing grant funding.
• Knowledge of Great Lakes ecosystems.
More than anything, Black Swamp Conservancy is looking for …
A highly-motivated, creative, organized and detail oriented self-starter with a passion to serve our land conservation mission. The Associate must have strong diplomatic skills and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Compensation: Black Swamp Conservancy’s office is dog-friendly and located on a protected property south of Perrysburg, Ohio, surrounded by woodlands and prairie. The Conservancy offers a competitive compensation package including health insurance and retirement match. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please respond by submitting a resume, cover letter with salary requirements and writing sample, in Word or PDF format by January 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.